Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Humble Beginings 61/365


Humble Beginings, originally uploaded by wtfclem.

The D40, my first DSLR. I don't think I've even picked this up for quite some time now lol. I was editing some photos and randomly thought about how far I've come (well you know, further than wondering why my photos shot in auto wasn't ever exposed right haha) and where it all began in digital photography. Maybe I'll bust out the old F100 and shoot that some day and write about trying to learn how to balance aperture and exposure speeds while waiting a week to develop my film ha. I'm pretty curious to see where photography is going in the future. Everything is just so easy now compared to what the oldschool photographers had to do. I mean, we don't have to spend hours in the darkroom with a bunch of egg timers and chemicals trying to get your light and color levels right; we just move a bunch of sliders around and you end up with consistently good photos every time. It's almost getting to the point where you have to question what is actually photography and what is just a digitally produced image. I try to minimize digital post processing but I suppose you gotta do what you gotta do to keep up with progression.

D40 flashbacks

cars cars cars


First published photo


First wedding shoot

No comments:

Post a Comment